How do we set up science tutoring?
Please use our secure registration form to sign up for tutoring. (If you are registering using a mobile device, review the tutoring options on our FAQs page.) Based on your registration information, we will match you with the best tutor for your needs, schedule, and location. We also offer online math tutoring to students anywhere in the world. Please click here for extensive details about our online science tutoring.
How much is science tutoring?
Our hourly rate is currently $90 with one of our associate tutors.
What science subjects do we tutor?
We provide individual tutoring for the following science classes and science topics:
- AP Chemistry
- AP Physics
- AP Biology
- AP Computer Science
- ACT Science
- IB Biology
- IB Chemistry
- IB Physics
- IB Computer Science
Who provides the science tutoring?
Please read our instructor biographies here. Our science tutors are the best in the area, some with degrees in engineering. They not only understand the material, but they know how to explain difficult concepts in a way that makes sense to students who are struggling.
What can we cover in a science tutoring session?
We customize our instruction based on your individual needs. Ultimately, we want to make sure you have the skills and confidence you need to excel on your school assignments and tests, as well as perform at the highest possible level on standardized science assessments. We often schedule weekly meetings with students where we can help them with the following activities:
- Studying for upcoming science tests
- Composing lab reports
- Completing science homework assignments
- Developing science projects
- Reviewing key science concepts for final exams and the ACT/SAT
- Working through practice AP and IB science problems
Where do our science tutors teach?
Our science tutors are available to meet students at a variety of locations throughout the Columbus, Ohio area. You and your tutor will determine the best place to meet, such as a library or a coffee shop. Students who are more easily distracted may prefer a library, and students who need to relax in order to think through the science problems may prefer a coffee shop. We have worked with students from Dublin, New Albany, Bexley, Upper Arlington, Hilliard, Worthington, Westerville, Powell, Grandview Heights, Granville, and Columbus, Ohio. For students who live farther away, or prefer maximum flexibility with scheduling, we are available for online science tutoring from the convenience of your home via our Socrates online learning platform. The more flexible you can be as far as times and locations, the more likely we will be able to accommodate you.
Why do many students struggle with science? How can our tutors make a difference?
- Students will not see a point in studying scientific material if they see it as being nothing more than a random collection of facts. We can help students see how the material they need to learn for a test relates to the big picture.
- Mathematics is the language of science. If students have difficulty with algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, physics will be nearly impossible to comprehend. Our tutors can remedy the weak areas from math that science teachers will not have time to review.
- Science, especially chemistry and physics, is sequential. If a student fails to grasp the fundamentals of balancing an equation or a free-body diagram, later material will be incomprehensible. We can make sure students are standing on a firm footing with the basics so they can be confident with more difficult concepts.
- Often, students know the material, but they can’t demonstrate their knowledge when it comes time for the big exam. We are specialists in test-taking strategy. We know the approaches that teachers and test-makers use when they are composing difficult test material, and we use this insight to empower struggling students.
- A science teacher might be doing a great job for many students in a class, but what if your child’s learning style doesn’t match the way a teacher teaches? That’s where we can help. No matter how your child prefers to learn, we can customize our instruction to teach him or her as effectively as possible.